* This is clearly a spoof on The Julie/Julia Project. All the quilts below, however, are the real deal.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

2 More In The Can

I have assembled two more of the quilts at this point:


This is the "Oriental" Leslie BOMb

I used a dark blue Jinny Beyer for the sashing and a bright blue oriental for the corner stones. Then the outer border is the fabric I had to buy to tie it all together, It happened to be the same as some I had in my stash and used in the block just above the one in the lower right corner. So that was nice. And it was on sale I when bought so much so that was even nicer.

Now here is the Red White and Blues:


Wrinked because the cats have taken to sleeping on it when it was laying around. I kept it simple with no cornerstones and no additional borders. There is nothing I could add that wouldn't be gilding a lily. So I just allowed the blocks to float on a sea of dark blue. This will probably be the first one I quilt. ANd I might get crazy and put a big patriotic print as the backing. Just because!

No comments:

Post a Comment