* This is clearly a spoof on The Julie/Julia Project. All the quilts below, however, are the real deal.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some Assembly Required.

Obviously, you will want to gather your fabrics...... Now I cannot guide you as to how much to buy or collect. I am using scraps from my stash and have an endless supply.

Here you see what the whole quilt will look like (sort of) and I will show how and where I decided to make changes as I address each block.


We will work our way from top to bottom, left to right, making exceptions along the way, 'cause that's how I roll.....

The Center Block measures 30" square and the others are all 15.5" finished. The sashing is to be 2" x 15.5" finished and the cornerstones are 2" square finished.

For those who don't know, finished means after the sewing together, they should measure... so, because we use 1/4" seam allowances, you should add 1/2" to those measurements.
Confusing? Not really. You need that extra 1/2" to sew the seams, right? and you have seams on both sides. So if your seam allowance is 1/4" , you add 1/4' and 1/4" and end up with the 1/2".

I'll go over all of this on each block as we go as a reminder, so don't get hung up on it now.
When the quilt is all together, it will measure a whopping 83" square, finished.

Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment